How to sync 1Password for iPad with 1Password for Mac
Sync 1Password on iPad with 1Password on your Mac
Your iPad must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac in order to sync with it.
Follow these steps to sync 1Password for iPad with 1Password for Mac. If this is your first time running 1Password for iPad, choose “Sync Existing.” Otherwise, go to Settings > Sync and turn on WiFi sync, then follow these steps:
- 1Password for iPad will display two secret sync codes. You’ll need these in a minute.
- Start 1Password on your computer and find the “Sync” section in the sidebar.
- Select your device in the Sync section and type in the two codes shown by 1Password for iPad.
- Click “OK” and begin configuring your sync options. Click Sync to perform a sync operation.
1Password for iPad and 1Password for Mac will sync whenever they both “see” each other on the same network. If 1Password is already running on your Mac and you start it on your iPad (or vice versa), a sync will automatically begin.
Tips and Things to Know
- When a sync is in progress, 1Password for Mac will display a spinning sync icon next to your iPad in the left sidebar, under the “Sync” category. Your iPad will also display a progress icon in the menu bar, next to the WiFi icon.
- 1Password sync is truly two-way. You can edit different items on both 1Password for iPad and on your computer, and all changes will appear in the right places. If you edit the same item in both places and then perform a sync, a conflict resolver dialog will appear to let you pick the correct item to keep.
- If 1Password for iPad is not appearing in the sidebar of 1Password on your computer, simply restarting 1Password on your computer should do the trick.